Pages

Thursday, May 17, 2018

Garden Wedding Bridesmaid Jewelry

Hi crafty friends!

Sometimes, life doesn't go as planned.  A few weeks ago, I became part of a new design team with ColoriQue, and I was super excited about it.  Here was my first post - an upcycled tassel.
I had so much fun creating this tassel from my husband's old jeans and shirts, leftover bits from my sewing basket and a few beads.  ColoriQue works so well in coloring the thimble and the other bits like the buttons, snaps and safety pins.  I really like that I can use old clothing in a new way.  Think of all the old clothes that you can upcycle - I think one from scraps from dresses my kids wore would be a great memory piece - even better than a quilt!

Unfortunately, the design team has dissolved due to the illness of the designer and creator of ColoriQue.  Praying for a return to good health for you, Lisa!  Since I was already halfway through my post for the next month, I decided to complete it and post it here.

The theme this month was weddings and I created bridesmaid jewelry.  I chose some acrylic roses and some silver leaves that I found at the craft store to color with the ColoriQue inks.  The silver leaves were part of this headband.
I took them apart.
Since there is a lot of dimension in the leaves, they will be perfect for multiple layers of ink.
I brushed on Verdigris first, then buffed off a little of the color.  Then, I added Snow Summit and brushed the edges with Pink Ice to give them more depth and to coordinate with the roses.

I colored the cream acrylic roses with Pink Ice.  It gave them a beautiful enamel-like look.  Yes, it works on acrylic, too.

Here are the earrings and pendant I created.  Each rose and leaf hangs from a jump ring attached to the earring wire for a swingy earring.  A beaded dangle completes the earring.
The necklace is the same set hung from a chain.  Perfect for a summer garden wedding!

ColoriQue is available through Lisa's site for awhile, then through the Clearsnap site.  It's great to work with - it blends easily to create a whole range of colors, has intense pigment and a little goes a long way!  I certainly will continue to use it in my design and artwork and will miss working with Lisa and all the design team.

No comments:

Post a Comment